Sunday, March 30, 2014

OOP's I did it again...





















I am excited to get my blog underway and certainly want to form a solid foundation to which I can demonstrate my talents as an artist so that I can get my career moving in the right direction.

Pen and Ink was my fallback because I did not have the confidence in using color nor did I have the education.  There was a vast universe of tools and teachers out there that i never felt the urge to tap into.  I wasn't schooled or educated and I would have to say that my skills were raw and needed a wealth or correction.  Thinking back on these early drawings I can see the lack of using references and inspirations.  Not that I am being hard on myself but I think I am being hard on myself.

"OOPS" was created from my former love of everything Dungeons and Dragons.  The unfortunate demise of a skilled fighter who mistakenly drank the wrong potion.  Another 90's piece I did while living a life that was not centered on anything good nor was my art in the forefront of what I considered priority.  I am amazed at where my life has taken me, how my choices have shaped me and how a loving God found me and placed my feet upon the rock all to bring Glory to Himself.

I love to draw and love the new passion I am finding.  My Dad always said the Tatulli's were late bloomers and now I can see that there was some truth in that statement.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure you remember the time you were home with one of your friends and you called me at the diner in West Warwick. You were feeling a little dizzy. I told you not to move from the dining room table and I would be right home. Oops! Glad those days are in the past. Enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete